Fat stored under the skin undergoes a change, causing it to appear rippled or dimpled. Known as cellulite, nearly 80% of women have to hide the signs – and the condition doesn’t discriminate; even skinny women have cellulite on the stomach, buttocks and thighs.
TriPollar skin tightening uses radio frequency (RF) energy to heat the underlying layers of skin that contain collagen. When this energy hits the collagen, it causes the collagen to contract, giving an immediately smoother tone and brighter skin texture. The RF energy also stimulates collagen growth, which will occur over a period of weeks following the procedure. As the collagen expands, it adds volume to the skin, giving it a more youthful appearance and pleasing contour.
As an all-around skin tightening procedure, TriPollar is perfect for patients looking for:
TriPollar radiofrequency treatment applies focal heating to the fat cells in problem areas, thus increasing the rate at which the liquefied fat is released from the body. It effectively treats the problem at the source.
Heating the fat in problem areas does not adversely affect the surrounding tissues while increasing the metabolism of fat in the area and fat secretion. The TriPollar radiofrequency system simultaneously heats the superficial as well as deep fat layers by combining bipolar and unipolar RF rays in a single application.
Skin tissue is tightened using the bipolar and monopolar radiofrequency waves. The effects of both types of waves are complementary, as they deliver different energy patterns to different depths of skin. At the same time, the combination of the two types of waves help increase effectiveness as it minimizes the side effects of using a single type of radiofrequency wave.
1. TriPollar RF treatment is painless – The technology allows for the energy to be focused where it is needed. Since it requires much reduced energy compared to older RF technologies, it minimizes discomfort.
2. Dual layer treatment – Sophisticated algorithms allow for both deep and superficial fat layers to be treated at the same time.
3. Selective heating – Energy is directed to where it is needed, instead of random heating, thus delivering better clinical results.
4. No cooling needed – The advanced technology used in the TriPollar RF means that there’s no need to allow for cooling (skin and or applicator), which means fewer, more effective treatment sessions.
5. Focused energy – Since the TriPollar RF delivers focused energy, better results are delivered faster.
6. Suitable for all skin types – Anyone can use TriPollar, as no light technology is required.
TriPollar radiofrequency treatment continues to work for days after your session. We recommend a course of weekly treatments over eight to twelve weeks to stimulate the skin’s ability to regenerate collagen, which will help improve the skin’s tone and overall laxity. Our therapist will recommend a maintenance program to ensure long lasting results.
Contradictions: It's best to wait at least two weeks after getting Botox or dermal filler injections before an RF facial.